Is this Bisa Randall's Blog?

What's that you ask, is this the blog of Bisa Randall? I heard she already had a blog and had been telling all about her fabulous life online for some time now. Untrue, I'm afraid. This is, in fact, the first of what I can only assume will be an ongoing series of posts by your heroine.

So, Bisa, since you have never had a blog before, why start one now?

Funny you should ask, because that is in fact the subject of this post. I have been a model and I would like to flatter myself into thinking a public figure of some importance for a few years now. Originally, I was famous for being the daughter of the notorious Senator Randall who was kidnapped during the war. Since then, I have gained some notoriety (or perhaps it is more accurate to say infamy) through my own exploits. Not the least of these include gracing the stage bare-assed during a very important fashion show. Recently, however, my little sister brought to my attention the fact that there were a number of rumours floating around about me, not the least of which is that I prefer women over men.

Now, as I'm sure anyone reading this knows, the very idea of my homosexuality is ludicrous. I have been seen adorning the arm of the fairest and finest of men all over the country. My love life is the constant speculation of masses of adoring fans. That does not make it any less true.

I am saying, here and now, to anyone who cares to read this blog that I am a lesbian. Oh, that feels much better. I have been one for a few years now and have been asked both by my father and the fashion powers that be that I should keep it under wraps. No more, I'm afraid. I imagine if my sexuality is that big of a deal to one side or another, then this post will either blow up the internet or disappear without a trace. However, in whatever short amount of time, I may be able to positively affect some young girl's life and that would be worth it all.

There will be no public announcement, no special bulletins, and no interviews. As we all know, homosexuality is strongly discouraged in our current culture, especially considering we are still more or less at war. I do not wish to become a battle flag for any cause, but I would like to let anyone out there who has struggled the way I have know that there is nothing wrong with them and that their day will come. Take heart and come back here if you need any words of advice.

Your Bisa Baby

2 comments:

  1. Oh God Bisa, I am so sorry about anything I may have said that came off as me being against you or trying to spread rumors. You know me! I'm totally not that kind of girl.

    Anyway, WOW! Go you! I was kinda floored, I mean I saw some of those gorgeous men you had on your arm. If I had known you weren't interested I might have pulled them off. JK.

    Sorry for any hard feelings,
    Kisses, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bisa,
    My name is Zuri, we met once or twice before but you've always been really busy so you probably don't remember. I'm Paula Greene's older sister. Anyway, I think what you are doing here is really courageous. I mean, it's not easy being different, especially when you're in the spotlight, but I feel like it's important for girls to have someone they can look up to, especially when they're being looked down on. As a light skinned black woman, I have had that problem in my own life. Anyway, I found out about your blog while reading Paula's and thought I should tell you how much I admire you...and not because you're a model, because you are a good person.

    ReplyDelete